All the deadbolts and house alarms in the world will not work well unless your garage door is also secured. A secure garage door goes a long way in keeping your vehicles and expensive tools safe and your home secure. Garage door security in Rancho Cordova, CA is measured by the material of your garage door, but also by features like remote transmitters and locks. Here are five options for a secure garage door:
- Steel: Steel is the most secure material for garage doors. Unless a burglar wishes to draw attention to themselves by taking an axe to your door, it is nearly impenetrable. It will make your home a difficult mark for robberies, and even if someone tries to break in, it will allow plenty of time for the police to respond.
- Insulation: Insulation does not prevent a burglar from breaking into your home, but it offers protection from severe weather and noise. Its security is offered in terms of safety, as it improves your home’s structural integrity as well as keeps out debris and noise. If you work in your garage frequently, the insulation also helps control temperature and enhances your home’s energy efficiency.
- Sections: A sectional garage door creates no gaps for someone to force entry. Rollers are encased in the guide tracks, and once the door is fitted, a potential burglar will fail to find any vulnerable points for a break-in. These doors are also safe, as children and pets will not be able to get stuck in the door.
- Locks: Many people do not lock their garage doors, as that renders remote openers useless. But if you lock your door at night and when you are on vacation, it offers an additional level of security that brings in peace of mind. Garage door locks are nearly impossible to pick, and even if someone steals the codes off your remote opener or the opener itself, they will be unable to access your home through the garage. To add even more protection, lock your garage door and deactivate your opener when you are gone for more than 24 hours.
- Second generation transmitters: When remote garage door openers were first developed, there was no doubt of their convenience. Your days of having to leave your car in the middle of a rainstorm to open the garage were over. Instead, you drove straight into a sheltered space and went inside. Unfortunately, the first generation of remotes were vulnerable to thieves who captured the programming codes and used them to open garage doors. The new remotes use rolling codes that change every time you use the opener. If you have not upgraded for a while, look into a new remote and enjoy better security.
Action Door Service makes garage door security a priority in Rancho Cordova, CA. If you seek a secure garage door that also matches the aesthetics of your home, our options include our top line of commercial and residential doors, as well as customized designs. Contact us today to get started.