Your home is your greatest investment, which is why you should always try to do what you can to increase its value. Even if you don’t plan on selling anytime soon, it’s still a good idea to make updates around the house. One of the often-overlooked upgrades is getting a new garage door. This post will cover how garage door replacement can increase your resell value in Rancho Cordova, CA:
- Better curb appeal: Assuming your home faces the street, the garage door may be one of the first things people see when passing by your house. Upgrading to a stylish new garage door that complements the rest of your house drastically increases your home’s curb appeal, and thus, its overall value.
- Improved safety: Depending on the type of garage door you currently have, you might have a real liability on your hands. Outdated garage doors may not have safety sensors that prevent the door from closing if someone’s in the way. New doors have that technology, and much more, ensuring the safety of everyone in your family.
- Increased energy efficiency: Just like other old appliances and fixtures around the house, older garage door openers use up more energy than new ones. You might not notice a huge difference in your electric bill when upgrading to a new opener, but it certainly won’t hurt.
- Fantastic ROI: Remodeling the kitchen is often a homeowner’s go-to move to increase their home’s value, but the return on investment for that project might only be about 50 percent. A new garage door, on the other hand, has an ROI of about 77 percent. If you’re looking for a great deal, look no further than adding a new door.
Ensure you get the most bang for your buck
Unfortunately, garage door replacement increasing your resell value in Rancho Cordova, CA isn’t guaranteed. You have to pick a high-quality door that looks great on your home. Here are a few things to consider when choosing a door:
- Complement your home’s style: A garage door that looks good on your neighbor’s home won’t necessarily look good on yours. Be sure you’re choosing a door that works well with your home’s color scheme and architecture.
- Don’t skimp on security: If you want to ensure your garage door improves your home value in Rancho Cordova, CA, don’t go for one that simply looks the best. New buyers will want a door that provides an extra layer of security. Talk to your garage door contractor about getting a smart opener. Smart garage door openers can be controlled with your phone, and the code is nearly impossible for a thief to steal.
- Buy a reputable brand: Though many garage doors might look the same, name-brand doors are always your best bet. Doors produced by reputable manufacturers will last longer and tend to provide higher ROI.
Ensure your garage door improves your home value in Rancho Cordova, CA by reaching out to the pros at Action Door Service. Along with selling and installing the best brands in the business, we allow customers to design a custom door to perfectly match their home!