Your garage door is a very important component of your home’s exterior, and you want to feel confident that it will perform as reliably and effectively as possible for many years to come. Unfortunately, many homeowners are left with major garage door issues because they don’t choose the right material for residential garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA. Here’s an overview of some of the most common options:
- Aluminum: Aluminum is a popular option for garage doors because of its resilience and affordability. Many homeowners choose aluminum over stronger materials like steel because of its lower cost, but it’s important to consider that aluminum might not last as long as other options and it’s more likely to sustain damage and get dented.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass is another affordable option for garage doors, but it’s not very popular due to its lightweight nature and vulnerability to weather conditions and temperature fluctuations. Fiberglass garage door panels are typically framed with aluminum and painted to match the aesthetic of the home. Fiberglass is not an effective insulator, which makes this option less energy-efficient than some other garage door materials. However, fiberglass is less likely to corrode than other garage door materials, which tends to make it a good option for homeowners in coastal areas.
- Steel: Because of its durability, longevity and versatility, steel is the most popular material for garage doors. It’s a low-maintenance option, and it can be produced in a wide variety of styles and colors to match your specific preferences and the overall look of your home. Steel also comes in a variety of thickness levels. If you want your doors to stand up to impacts and last longer, you should select thicker steel panels. In addition, it’s important to select steel garage doors with added insulation, since steel is not an effective insulator on its own.
- Wood: Wood is a popular choice for homeowners who want to achieve a natural, authentic look for their home’s exterior. Wood is typically more effective as an insulator than steel, but it also requires more frequent maintenance to prevent fading. You can choose between painted or stained wood doors, depending on the look you want to achieve and how much you are willing to spend.
- Wood composite: Wood composite is designed to look similar to real wood, but it is made of recycled wood fibers. Like wood garage doors, wood composite doors can be painted or stained. In addition, this option is far more resistant to rot and pests than standard wood.
Find residential garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA
If you need help selecting materials for traditional garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA, reach out to Action Door Service. For decades, our team has been dedicated to providing comprehensive garage door sales and services. We serve commercial and residential customers alike, and we are equipped with all of the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to provide you with products and services that fit your unique needs. Give our team a call today to find out more about your options!