Flowers are starting to bloom, the temperatures are warming up, and the days are getting longer. That can only mean one thing: Spring is finally here!
In addition to getting outside and enjoying the weather, now is the time of year to start cleaning up your home. But, don’t just stop with the interior of your house. Be sure to clean up your garage, too. This post will cover all of the steps to ensure your garage and residential garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA are spic and span this spring.
- Have a plan: The biggest mistake you can make before starting your cleaning project is to go in without a plan. Before you break out your cleaning supplies, take a moment to create a checklist and divvy out specific tasks for each member of your cleaning crew.
- Declutter: Our garages often become catchalls for our unused or unwanted items. That becomes a problem after a while. Soon enough, your whole garage can become full of boxes of unwanted junk. Now is the time to take everything out and sort it into “keep” and “toss” piles.
- Air it out: Now that all of the junk is out, open up your garage doors and windows and let some fresh air in. You’ll be amazed at how much cleaner your garage smells and feels after airing out for a few hours.
- Wipe down and sweep out: Now is the time to break out the cleaning supplies. Spray all of your shelving and surfaces with a cleaning solution and wipe them down with a cleaning rag. Next, get a broom and sweep out all of the dust and grime from the floor.
- Hose and mop: Your floor is undoubtedly looking better at this point. But it’s not perfect yet. We recommend hosing out your whole garage and thoroughly cleaning the floor with a mop and soapy water. It can be time-consuming, but it’s the only way to ensure your floor is spotless.
- Inspect the door: Residential garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA go through a lot of wear and tear throughout the year, particularly in the winter. Now that your garage is clutter free, take a moment to inspect your door for any signs of damage. If anything looks amiss, we recommend calling a professional to come out and make repairs.
- Clean the doorframe: Dust and grime often collect around your garage door frame. Since you’re already inspecting the door, take a moment to wipe the frame down and make it spotless.
- Wash your windows: If your garage or garage door has windows, be sure to wipe them down with Windex or another window cleaning product. What’s the point in cleaning out your whole garage if you’re not going to clean up the windows, too?
Now is also the perfect time of year to have your residential garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA inspected by a pro. A quick service call by one of our technicians will help ensure your garaged door works as it should for years to come.