Now that spring is right around the corner, it’s the perfect time to start making your spring cleaning to-do list. One of the messiest places in any home is the garage, and this is also the place that a lot of homeowners have the hardest time cleaning and organizing. If you’re overwhelmed with the amount of clutter in your garage, it’s a good idea to employ a few useful tips and tactics that can make the cleaning process easier for you and help you achieve a garage that you can be proud of. Open those garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA and start cleaning with these tips:
- Assess your garage: Before you can start cleaning and organizing your garage, you have to assess what you have and the specific areas that you want to focus on. Walk through your garage, if you can, and take note of the problem areas that you need to get back into shape. This assessment will give you a much better idea of exactly what you have in your garage and help you identify the main sources of the clutter in your space.
- Purge old items: Chances are there are plenty of items in your garage that you don’t even remember you have. Cleaning out your garage gives you a great opportunity to pare down your clutter by throwing away garbage and donating items that you no longer want, need or use anymore. It can sometimes be difficult to let items go, but it will make you feel a lot better to have a space that’s less cluttered and actually functional.
- Get creative with storage solutions: Once you’ve gotten rid of things that you don’t want or need anymore, you need to start implementing new storage solutions that will help you keep the rest of your possessions organized. Try maximizing your space by installing tracks on the roof of your garage where you can slide storage bins to keep things like holiday decorations and toys.
- Organize tools: Tools are often the biggest source of clutter in a garage, so it’s worth it to get them organized. Installing racks along the wall of your garage can help you keep your tools organized and off the ground.
- Improve your garage door: When you declutter your garage, you can access your garage door more easily, and it’s also the perfect time to handle repairs or replace your garage door. Reach out to a contractor who specializes in garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA. They will be able to determine whether replacement or repair is necessary to get your garage door back into good working order.
Learn more about garage door installation in Rancho Cordova, CA
You can find out more about garage door installation in Rancho Cordova, CA by reaching out to Action Door Service. For over 30 years, our experienced team has been proud to provide our customers with garage door design and installation services. Regardless of the specific type of garage door that you’re interested in, we have the skills, tools and experience necessary to help you. Give us a call today to get started with a complimentary consultation and service quote.