Garage door openers in Rancho Cordova, CA are convenient devices developed to allow homeowners to open or close the door from the comfort of their vehicle. Unfortunately, there may come a time when you find yourself unable to access your garage. One day, you reach up and it’s not there, or you reach inside your bag or purse but are unable to find it. Now what?
Losing the garage door clicker is not unusual, even though many are attached to the visors inside vehicles. Here’s what to do when you’ve lost your garage door opener:
- Try tracking it down: Discovering that your garage door remote is missing can throw you into a panic. Many questions may run through your mind: Where is it? Did someone steal it? Did I take it out of the car? When did I use it last? Where’s the last place I saw it? If you don’t find the clicker in your car or bag, call or text everyone in your household and ask if they have it. It could also be inside the house.
- Use a spare opener: Most homeowners have a spare garage door opener. Use the spare until you find the other one or replace it. Garage remotes today are high-tech. If yours is new, make sure to reset the code on the spare and all other copies and erase the lost remote from the system, just in case it was indeed stolen. Erasing and performing a reset ensures the lost opener no longer works, keeping your home and belongings safe.
- Determine the brand: Make sure you get the right brand when replacing your remote. Replacing the lost remote means getting a brand of garage door opener that matches the brand of the garage door itself. This way, the door will function as it should, and you won’t run into issues with signal reception. You’ll also need to find the right model.
- Open the door manually: If you don’t have a spare or cannot get a replacement opener right away, plan on opening and closing the door manually for the time being. Only do this if the door and opener are light enough to move manually and in good shape, and if you’re following proper safety precautions.
- Program the door to your car: Did you know that many newer cars have universal garage door openers in Rancho Cordova, CA already installed? Consider using this option instead of purchasing a new clicker to replace the one that you’ve lost. If you do this, be sure to set a new code in the car remote and erase the information from the lost one.
You don’t need to replace your garage door just because you’ve lost your clicker. However, if the time is right for a new garage door, don’t hesitate to contact Action Door Service. We can also take a look at garage doors and garage door openers in Rancho Cordova, CA to determine if repairs are needed. Call us today!