Most people think of June as the first month of summer, but what you might not know is that June is also Garage Door Safety Month. Even though you might not think of your garage door as a hazard, there are a variety of issues and mechanical failures that can arise with garage doors, leading to injury and, in some cases, death. The good news is that there are simple steps that you can take to protect yourself this summer, and throughout the year, from garage door-related injury. Make sure to take the proper safety precautions when you’re operating, troubleshooting or maintaining your garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA, and talk to your family about safe garage door operation:
- Pay attention to your garage door: The most important thing you can do when it comes to your garage door is pay attention for changes in its operation. If it appears to be getting caught on the track or the springs start to squeak, it might be necessary to invest in replacement parts or some minor repairs.
- Inspect your door: Every few months, it’s a good idea to conduct a basic visual inspection of your garage door and its components. Make sure to pay special attention to the condition of your cable and springs, and look for signs of aging or wear that indicate that replacement is necessary.
- Switch out your springs: Springs play an essential role in the operation of your garage door, but they will eventually wear out and become less effective. It’s a good idea to replace garage door springs to prevent sudden breaks that can lead to injury.
- Avoid do-it-yourself repair and replacement: One of the most dangerous things you can do as a homeowner is attempt a do-it-yourself garage door replacement. It’s during these projects that many people end up being badly hurt by falling garage doors, or worse. Always leave major repairs and garage door replacement to professionals.
- Keep your hands clear of the door: Make sure that you steer clear of your door when it’s opening or closing. Avoid touching your garage door track if the door is in motion or the springs are acting up.
- Get a new track: If your garage door isn’t opening up or closing all the way, it might be time for a new track. It’s especially important to replace your track if you’re getting a new garage door.
- Invest in regular maintenance and service: Garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA that are consistently maintained and cared for will last longer and operate more effectively than those that aren’t. Find a professional who can assist you with maintenance to keep your garage door in great shape.
Sometimes, garage doors reach a point where they’re simply too old or damaged to operate effectively. When this happens, it’s essential to replace your garage door with a new one, and the team at Action Door Service is here to help you do just that. For over 30 years, our family owned and operated business has offered high quality garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA to residential and commercial customers alike. All of our products are designed to deliver the best of the best when it comes to function and appearance so you can feel confident in your new garage door for decades. To find the right garage door for your home or business, contact us today and schedule a consultation.