Day to day, you might not think about your garage door all that much. It opens, it closes, it works. You probably just expect it to work as usual and are surprised when anything goes wrong. But the last thing you want is for it to come crashing down, requiring a huge repair or replacement expense or, worse, damaging your car or injuring you.
It does pay to dedicate a bit more attention to your garage door. Performing regular maintenance means your garage door should last for years to come. This way you can only hire services for garage door repairs in Rancho Cordova, CA when you really need them. Let’s review some basic ways to take care of your garage door:
- Door inspection: This is especially important for wooden garage doors. If the paint’s peeling or chipped, it might be time for a new coat. You can also see if any part of the wood is rotten or weakening. This way you can head off a small problem before it becomes a big one.
- Cleaning: This simple task takes just a few minutes, but can help keep your garage door functioning properly. Clean off all the dust and debris you find with a rag. Keeping it sparkling clean will make the door appear brand new.
- Lubrication: This is a very important thing to do regularly. You’ll want to use motor oil or another non-silicone based lubricant for the metal parts. For nylon rollers, only lubricate the bearings, and on the garage door track, simply utilize a brake cleaner and cloth.
- Check rollers, springs and track: Inspect all the other parts of the garage door mechanism to ensure they’re in good working order. For example, the springs may be worn down or rusty, necessitating replacement. For the track, make sure that no debris is clogging it. Rollers may be corroded or chipped, making the garage door’s operation a bit stuttering. In some cases, you may be able to solve the problem yourself, while others will necessitate bringing in a professional technician.
- Bolt, hinge and cable inspection: Sometimes a bolt becomes loose or breaks. Cables can become worn down and lose tension. Give everything a thorough once-over to ensure that it’s all working properly.
When you’re in the market for garage door repairs in Rancho Cordova, CA, you have a lot of options. For friendly service and unparalleled quality, trust Action Door Service. We’ve served the community for over 30 years, offering garage door installation, garage door openers and everything else you need. Our range of repair services covers everything from cracks and dents to full replacement.
Consider Action Door Service for all your home’s or business’s garage door needs. We also provide free in-home consultations so you can find the door that’s best for your home. If you’re within a 50-mile radius of Rancho Cordova, then we’re happy to serve you. Call us right now to find out more about what we have to offer!