The plain white garage door is out! This bleak neighborhood staple is quickly being replaced by homeowners for a garage door option that really makes a statement. A statement garage door can boost curb appeal, improve the overall look of the property and help your home stand out on the block. There are countless options for garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA to fit the unique style of your home, in addition to providing added security and convenience for your family.
Take a look at some of the biggest garage door trends you can expect to see taking off in 2018:
- Smart doors: Technology is becoming more common throughout the home. The trend has now expanded to include even the garage door. Some smart garage doors allow users to control the door from their phone, while others are equipped with the ability to automatically open when a registered car pulls into the driveway. You’ll never have to worry about whether you forgot to close the door because it can all be done with a smart phone with these technologically advanced options!
- Wood: Wood has been a home staple for centuries. It’s now making a comeback as one of the top materials for garage doors. The style can fit either a contemporary farmhouse or minimalist aesthetic. Pair it with metal and glass windows for a modern, yet homey look. Best of all, the wood materials offer increased energy efficiency.
- Color: Make the garage door the focal point of your home with a standout shade. The garage door can be colored to match the existing palette of the home. For example, a cool blue or neutral green is the perfect match for an off-white exterior. On the other hand, a warm sandstone will complement a Southwestern-inspired tan-colored home. Consider using a similar hue for the front door and any lights for a cohesive look. The possibilities truly are endless.
- More windows: Windows are becoming an increasingly popular choice for garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA. The windows let natural light flow into the garage, which makes it a more welcoming environment that can be used for much more than just storing a car. The space will then be perfect for refurbishing a car or even converting the space into a home gym. One popular option is the addition of all frosted windows spanning the length of the garage to give it a light, modern feel with the same level of privacy as a traditional garage door.
- All-weather doors: Do you plan to use your garage as a workshop space or a home office? If so, consider installing an all-weather door. An all-weather door transforms the space into an area that is comfortable throughout the year. The door is insulated to create a habitable space. The addition of insulation will also cut down on your heating and cooling costs, as the air won’t be able to leak out through the garage.
Ready to boost your home’ curb appeal with a new garage door in 2018? Then contact the professionals at Action Door Service! We’ll help you select the perfect garage door before installing it at your home. Call us today to learn more!