Whether you own a residential or commercial garage door, there will come a time when repairs need to be made. It could be replacing old springs or the automatic opener or installing an all-new door—regardless, the important thing is that the job is done right. Here are five good reasons to hire a professional for Rancho Cordova garage door repairs:
- Security: While you use your garage to park vehicles and store household items, criminals will use it to enter your home. After all, there’s only the main garage door standing between them and the entry door that leads to the inside of your house. So it makes sense that you would want your automatic garage door to be as secure as possible. A professional can ensure that your door and hardware—like the opener, springs and motion sensors—are operating properly and free of mechanical problems to protect your home and family against burglars.
- Safety: One of the most important reasons to hire an expert is for your own safety and the safety of your family and pets. Thousands of people visit emergency rooms every year for garage door-related injuries—and some of these are life threatening. Springs are at the top of the list for causing injuries, whether you get hurt trying to change the springs yourself or by damaged springs popping off. Springs hold a lot of energy, and if one releases, it can fly off with great force in the direction of a person or animal. The door itself is also to blame for injuries; a door that falls suddenly or doesn’t respond to motion sensors can crush or pin individuals.
- Experience: Although you might like to do your own home improvements, there are some projects that are better left to the professionals. Sure, a garage door seems simple enough to work on, but it’s made up of many working parts, and some have intricate installation steps that must be followed. Other components are specific to the type or model of your garage door, and some parts like springs require knowledge and skills to replace. Hire a qualified expert with years of garage door installation and service experience to rest easy knowing your door is functioning properly.
- Save money: Many homeowners are do-it-yourselfers, but even the smallest garage door repair can be difficult to complete and take a while to fix. You might end up spending way too much time and money on a task that is better left to the pros—save time, save money! In short, if you don’t want to spend money on both novice DIY attempts and professional services, just call an expert to help from the start.
- Longevity of components: Regular maintenance is key to a long lasting garage door. You don’t want to go too long in between spring and weather stripping replacements, and it’s important to not ignore strange sounds, odd smells or noticeable wear and tear. Also, schedule professional tune-ups and checkups throughout the door’ lifetime.
If you are in need of Rancho Cordova garage door repairs or services for your residential or commercial property, don’t hesitate to contact the team at Action Door Service!