Do not overlook your garage door if you are enhancing security at home. A recent break-in or other worrisome developments often lead homeowners to reevaluate. If you find yourself in that position, here are some garage door services in Rancho Cordova, CA that can help you out:
- Upgraded locks: Garage doors are the first place burglars will check when they want an easy entrance into your home. Many homeowners forget to lock them or do not apply extra security when they leave on vacation. To solve this problem, install better quality locks. In fact, there are deadbolt designs made for garage doors so you can increase security when you are gone for a while.
- Key chain opener remotes: You should never keep a garage door remote in your car. It is too easy for thieves to steal them when you leave your car in the driveway. Once they secure your remote, they have access to your home anytime you are away and believe your home is secure. A key chain remote solves this issue because most people bring their keys inside with them.
- “Rolling code” remotes: Code grabbers can pick up the code transmitted from your remote to the garage door opener. When you are away, the thief uses the stolen code to enter your garage. The rolling code changes the combination automatically so the code taken by the code grabber does not remain effective. Since it changes the code frequently, it is nearly impossible for a thief to hack it.
- Frosted windows: Burglars use windows in your garage to assess whether you are home or if you have items worth stealing. If it is possible for someone to see that your car is not in the garage and find an opportunity, consider frosting your windows. This effort prevents your home from being an easy hit.
- Timers: It is easy to forget to close your garage door. Sometimes, it is overlooked while you are home. The common mistake is driving away as your door is closing and never confirming that it closed all the way. It is too easy for something to cross the eyes and make the door open again, so never do that. To assure absent-minded moments do not lead to an insurance claim, you can also install a time. This will assure the garage door closes after a preset amount of time. You will ensure your security and have one less thing to worry about.
- Interior upgrades: While these are not part of garage door services, they still benefit from consideration. The door between the garage and the rest of your house should lock solidly, preferably with a deadbolt, and be reinforced. Many people install a door made for the interior here, and those are easy to break down. Consider placing a peep hole in this door so you can check out strange noises without opening it. This way, even if a criminal enters your garage, the house remains off limits and gives you time to call the police.
For reliable garage door services in Rancho Cordova, CA, including repairs, installation and in-house consultations, contact Action Door Service today.