Up and down in the morning and again in the evening, garage doors in neighborhoods across America operate almost like clockwork. Like the joints on house windows and doors, your garage door also sees a lot of stress from opening and closing multiple times a day. With that in mind, here are the top five signs that it may be time to invest in new garage door installation in Rancho Cordova, CA:
- It has issues opening: Even if the battery power in the remote control is low, the garage door itself should not have noticeable problems opening or closing. Jerking is a common sign that there is something wrong mechanically or a malfunction in the garage door system. Another reason for a jerky door is debris caught in the tracks. So before you call a professional, simply run a vacuum cleaner nozzle through the entirety of both tracks to suck up particles of dirt that could possibly be trapped. If, after you clean the tracks, the door is still experiencing issues, schedule an inspection.
- The remote is failing: You say your garage remote is not working? Maybe it’s the signal range or that the batteries need replacing, but if the remote is still failing even though you’ve replaced the batteries and cleaned the battery port, this could mean a problem with the system. Check with a garage door inspector to see if you need to get a new opener system installed.
- It’s outdated: You upgrade home windows and install new flooring when they get so old that safety and indoor comfort becomes a serious concern. So why wouldn’t you replace that aging garage door, too? After all, a garage door is another door leading into your home—a door that requires proper insulation and maintenance. But many homeowners neglect to include garage doors on their home improvement to-do list and, unfortunately, end up with costly repair bills due to unfixable issues. If your door looks outdated, very old and worn, consider upgrading to one that offers both curb appeal as well as improved function.
- You’re selling your house: If you’re putting your home up for sale, you might want to take a closer look to ensure the garage door matches the exterior of the house. Real estate is a competitive market, which is why you should make your home stand out to buyers. A dilapidated garage door may not seem like a big deal to you since you’re moving, but this less than aesthetically pleasing first impression could dissuade potential buyers from putting an offer in on your house.
- It’s undergone several repairs: Like a vehicle that is always in the shop, a garage door that demands constant repairs is probably one that needs to be completely replaced. Not only can a door that’s in constant need of repair be dangerous, it is also likely to turn into a waste of money. Save the repair expense and invest in a new door upgrade.
If your home can benefit from new garage door installation in Rancho Cordova, CA, don’t hesitate to give the experts at Action Door Service a call today.