Garage doors come in all shapes and sizes, not to mention styles, brands, colors, materials and more. Simply put, your garage door has the potential to look nearly any way you want it to and can be styled to complement your home to add beauty and curb appeal to your entire property.
One variable that’s often debated when it comes to homeowners picking their ideal garage door is the addition of windows. What benefits do windows have? Do they detract from the value of a door? Are there special considerations to be made when choosing windows? It’s questions like these that can trip people up.
Luckily, understanding the impact of windows in their relation to garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA is relatively simple. Take a look at some of the benefits of adding them, as well as what you need to know about your door if you do decide to move forward with windows:
- First of all, windows can really disrupt the plane of a garage door to make it more appealing and personalized to your home. Think of it like adding windows to your home—the more things you have to break up the plane of a flat aesthetic, the more appealing your home is going to be.
- Opaque glass for your windows can really add an element of privacy, while still giving you the benefits of natural light in your garage. This is great for people who use their garage as a workshop or hobby area, who prefer streaming light without opening their garage entirely.
- Speaking of natural light, adding windows to your garage door can open up natural light pathways that give your garage a more “breathable” quality. Rather than being a dark, dank area while the door is closed, natural light will open it up a little more.
- Contrary to the idea that windows on your garage door will detract from its value, they can actually add to it! Many windows are seen as an architectural upgrade and artistic addition, which will add value to the door and your home overall, via the enhanced curb appeal!
- Thanks to modern glass manufacturing techniques, windows are no longer a liability on your garage door, which means you’ll reap the aesthetic benefits they have to offer, without having to trouble yourself in thinking about the potential for a break-in or vandalism.
No matter what color, material or style you end up going with for your residential garage door in Rancho Cordova, CA it’s beneficial to think about the role that windows might play in your final installation. Whether you’re looking for natural light, increased curb appeal or a combination of the both, you’re certain to find it by investing in garage door windows.
For new garage doors or to consult with a professional about modifying your existing garage doors to include windows, contact the professionals at Action Door Service today!