Most garage door problems are more a matter of inconvenience than anything else, but when they happen to you, you probably want to get them taken care of as soon possible. But before you can know how to best fix a problem with your garage door, you have to know exactly what the problem is. Here’s a look at some common issues you’re likely to encounter with residential garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA, and how to recognize them.
- Your garage door opens jerkily instead of smoothly. When your garage door starts to open and close in choppy, uneven motions, it can be a time waster, an eyesore and a sign of problems with your door. This very common garage door problem is usually just caused by a need for maintenance, either with the door itself or with the opener. The best way to fix this is to call your local garage door dealer to give it a look.
- Your garage door won’t close all the way. Depending on what’s causing this issue, it’s either very easy or a bit more complicated to fix. If the problem is that there’s something blocking the garage door from closing all the way, all you have to do is move the interfering object. But another possible cause could be that the opener’s or the door’s sensors aren’t correctly aligned, in which case you’ll need to call a professional.
- Your garage door has rust spots. The most common causes of rust spots on garage doors are salt poured over snow in winter and chemicals used to clean driveways. Although rust spots usually don’t affect your garage door’s ability to function, they can certainly make your garage door look worse than you’d probably prefer. Try cleaning your garage door with soap and water on a regular basis to keep this from happening.
- Your garage door won’t open at all. This problem is probably the most urgent issue you’ll encounter with your garage door. There are three main factors that can cause this dilemma: either your garage door opener’s batteries are dead, your garage door’s eye sensors are misaligned, or your garage door springs are broken. Whatever the problem may turn out to be, it’s best to call a garage door dealer to handle this problem quickly so that you can access your garage again.
- Your garage door squeaks when opening. Garage door springs, hinges and rollers can all be squeaky and make for a not very elegant signal to the whole neighborhood that you’re coming or going. Although this squeakiness doesn’t necessarily indicate a big problem, it can be very annoying. An easy way to handle it is by using a spray lubricant. Ask your local hardware store about a good one to use on garage doors. If that doesn’t take care of the problem, call a professional.
Most garage door problems aren’t very serious ones, but it’s always useful to know how to recognize and treat these common issues. We hope this handy guide helps our customers and friends care for their residential garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA. If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to call Action Door Service right away.