A garage door can drastically transform your home’s appearance, especially if you choose a stylish, modern new garage door in Rancho Cordova, CA. Whether you’re hoping to increase curb appeal for potential buyers or you’re just ready for a change, a new garage door is a practical and beautiful design solution.
Here are some of the hottest modern garage door designs available. Keep in mind that these work best with simple architecture, like modern, industrial and Art Deco-style homes. Be sure to pick a door that complements your home’s style:
- Cedar cladding: When we think about wooden garage doors, you’re probably imagining relics from the ‘70s and ‘80s—heavy, prone to warping and not exactly beautiful. However, garage door design has come a long way in the last few decades. If you want a wooden garage door, consider using short cedar cladding planks. Laying them in a vertical brick-like pattern adds warmth and visual interest to the outside of your home.
- Glazed glass panels: If you have a home that borders on classic architecture, adding glazed glass panels is a great way to make it look more modern. Choose a painted metal door, then add a horizontal row of glass panels. Not only will it let light in during the day, but at night, the glass panels will look warm and cozy. Since modern architecture can seem cold, this is a great way to get the best of both worlds.
- Stone and wood contrast: If your house is made out of stone, consider playing up the contrast with a warm wooden garage door. Choose a sleek but simple wood pattern to emphasize the different textures and colors. The simple wooden door will show off the stone’s texture.
- Sliding barn doors: You might think that sliding barn doors only belong in countryside houses, but they can look quite modern. Instead of picking barn doors that resemble a classic red-and-white barn, opt for simple, smooth doors in a contrasting material. Glossy natural wood is a great choice, and the doors—which slide outward instead of lifting up—will add interesting movement to your home.
- Midcentury modern: If you have a midcentury modern home, your garage door should follow the same simple design themes. Consider a door that can be painted the same color as your home, so the trim around the door can provide the contrast.
- Vertically oriented doors: Finally, vertically oriented garage doors look more stylish and modern than traditional horizontal versions. This is a great way to add modern flair to an older architectural style.
Whichever garage door style you’re looking to add to your home, the team at Action Door Service is sure to have what you need. We offer everything from classic to stylish and modern garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA. Once your new garage door is installed, you can count on us for any service and repair needs you may have. Give us a call today to get started—we look forward to discussing your garage door project!