Is 2017 the year you said you would install new garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA? Now that we’re solidly into the new year, if you still haven’t gotten around to it yet, taking a look at some of the latest trends in garage doors might provide that extra boost of motivation:
- Screen doors: If you or other family members spend a good deal of time in the garage and often find yourselves opening and closing the door, a screen door feature might be ideal. A screen door will help keep the elements, insects and dirt from entering the garage and will be a good source of light and airflow.
- Glass doors: If your home has a contemporary look, a garage door of frosted glass would complement this style well. You may also be able to choose a door made of glass that incorporates wood or steel.
- Parking guides: If you’ve ever bumped into the wall or another vehicle when parking in your garage, the new parking guide feature that is gaining in popularity could be a good solution for you. A parking guide is suspended from the garage ceiling and is activated when you open the garage door. The parking guide shines a light that will direct you to a safe, suitable parking spot for your car.
- Unique looks: Want a look for your garage door that’s different from everyone else’s on your street? You might find the recent trend of bright, modern color choices appealing. If you love the idea of wooden garage doors but aren’t sure you want real wood, garage doors made of composite materials that are designed not to crack or rot are fairly new to the market and becoming increasingly popular.
- Insulation: The desire to have a sustainable home or office is not a brand new trend, so it’s not necessarily a surprise that a homeowner or business owner interested in sustainability would carry this priority over to the garage. Adding insulation will increase a garage’s sustainability, while also controlling the climate. Climate control can be especially useful if you spend quite a bit of time working in the garage or if you are seeking to lower your overall energy costs.
- Technology: If you’ve ever wished that you could open or close your garage door via your smartphone or tablet, you’re in luck! New technological developments are beginning to make this feature a possibility. Plus, not only can you operate your garage door with a device you already own, you can close it even when you’re away from your garage.
Do you have questions about any of the trends mentioned above, or are you still not quite sure about what you want? Wherever you are in researching your options for garage doors in Rancho Cordova, CA, you want a reliable, professional company to help guide you. Action Door Service has an extensive inventory and offers efficient, high-quality service to residential and commercial customers. Whether you’re in need of a repair, installation, custom design or in-house consultation, we have the expertise and insight to ensure that your garage door remains functional, durable and efficient. Get in touch today!